Assisting Professional Truck Drivers in Stamford, Norwalk, and the Surrounding Areas

If you drive a semi tractor-trailer or any commercial truck for a living, you are acutely aware of the importance of protecting your commercial drivers license (CDL) at all costs. Accumulating points on your CDL may result in the loss of your driving privileges and your ability to make a living driving a truck.

I am Douglas J. Wells, a Greenwich attorney who handles cases involving CDL violations. I work closely with truck drivers throughout Connecticut to help them protect their livelihoods.

Protecting Your License in Moving and Nonmoving Violation Cases

Protecting Your License in Moving and Nonmoving Violation Cases

Both moving and nonmoving violations can have an impact on your CDL, adding points which can put your ability to drive a commercial vehicle at risk. For example, your livelihood could be on the line as a result of overweight truck violations.

If you have been cited for any type of trucking violation, you should seek legal help as soon as possible. I have experience handling a wide range of cases involving all types of trucking citations, including:

  • Operating a commercial vehicle without a valid CDL
  • Driving a commercial truck under a suspended or revoked CDL
  • Operating a commercial truck in Connecticut without a state permit
  • Moving violations, including speeding, illegal lane changes and improper turns
  • Failure to stop at a railroad crossing
  • Overweight truck violations
  • Trucking log violations
  • Operating a commercial truck under the influence of alcohol or drugs

Providing Representation for Truckers Outside of Connecticut

If you reside outside of Connecticut and were ticketed while driving your truck through the state, please be aware that I serve as your lawyer without your being present. You do not have to return to Connecticut in order for your CDL ticket to be vigorously contested.

Call me locally at 203-622-4455 or complete my online contact form to schedule a consultation to discuss your case.